Capilano University in partnership with Milburn Universal Designs offers framing for your certificate, diploma and/or degree. The on-line store allows you to view each frame before you place your order.
Purchase one of our custom made frames, and display your success proudly.
Please note: degrees, diplomas and certificates are not issued by the Capilano University bookstore, and will not be delivered with your frame purchase. Credentials can be received at the graduation ceremonies or by making alternative arrangements for pick-up or delivery with the Registrar’s Office.
There are three ways that you can order your frame:
Use the secure website to submit your order. Normally arrangements could be made to have the frame shipped to you or to Graduation for pick up after your ceremony (this option becomes available around Convocation time), however due to current circumstances we can only ship your frame to your residence.
- At Graduation
The Capilano University Bookstore will not have frames on display during Convocation this summer, but we hope to do so at the Fall Convocation.
- At the University
Visit the Capilano University Bookstore in the Fall after the store reopens to purchase your frame, 2055 Purcell Way, North Vancouver, BC, V7J 3H5
ORDER PROCESSING TIME
Online orders are usually processed and shipped in 3 to 5 business days. Orders received in May and June are processed and shipped in 5 to 7 business days.
Orders are shipped with UPS. We can’t ship to a P.O. box, therefore a street address must be provided for shipping.
About Our Frames
All Milburn frames are made from new wood that is cut down from government regulated and controlled tree farms. For every tree that is cut down, at least 1 seedling is planted. All stains and lacquers used to finish the profiles are water based.
Our matboard is made from 100% recycled materials. It is of course acid-free, with either a white-core bevel or black core bevel that will never fade or discolour, because of a treatment process that removes the impurities of the pulp fibers. All surface papers are produced with environmentally friendly colourants and all components are laminated with natural, environmentally sound starch adhesives.
All frames are assembled with standard 2 mm clear glass.
Our paper and cardboard packaging and boxes are made from 100% recycled materials. The bags we use for our frames are made of polypropylene and are bio-degradable after two years.
To frame your diploma, follow these simple steps:
1. Remove the fibrex backing on the back of the frame by turning the four tension clips.
2. Remove the acid-free black backing paper to expose the back side of the mat.
3. Peel back the covering on the acid-free re-positionable two way tape that runs along the top of the mat.
4. Centre your diploma and press down along the top over the two way tape.
5. If your diploma needs to be removed, it will not get damaged as it will lift easily from the re-positionable tape.
6. Put down the black backing paper and re-insert the fibrex backing by turning the tension clips into the channel that is cut into the moulding.
7. You are now ready to hang your diploma frame without any need for wire. The tension clip along the top of the frame is centered so you just need to insert it into a hanger or a screw with a plug.
MADE IN CANADA
Milburn Universal Designs is a Canadian company located in Stoney Creek, Ontario. All of our frames are proudly made in Canada.
Our products are sold with an unconditional guarantee against any defects. Should you not be satisfied with your frame please contact us to speak with a customer service representative. PLEASE NOTE: Claims for damages in shipping must be made within 3 weeks of delivery of your frame.